Manchester, St. Augustine’s (RC), Church, Granby RowCode:
£5.00 inc VAT for customers within the EU
Baptisms 1820-26 & 1838-1900. The Church was consecrated in 1820 and closed and demolished in 1908. The registers of baptisms between 1826 and 1855 were lost but not before an index had been created of the names and dates for children baptised 1838-1855. The surviving baptism registers and the index were subsequently deposited at the Lancashire Record Office. Members of the Irish Branch of Manchester & Lancashire FHS have by kind permission of the Diocese, transcribed details of the 29,359 baptisms recorded in the registers and the 1838-1855 index. There are no surviving records of baptisms between 1826 and 1838. The transcript provides full details as contained in the register or index and is accompanied by an index to the 92,621 names which appear in the entries for children, parents and godparents.