Blackley, Our Lady of Mount Carmel RC Church, Baptisms 1855-1908 (Download)Code:
A scanned copy of the original baptism registers 1855-1908 complete with a transcript of the 3,424 baptisms performed and an index to the 15,163 names of children, parents and godparents which appear in the register.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Blackley
The origins of this Mission can be traced back to 1851 when a Priest was sent to care for the Catholics in the village of Blackley, the first chapel was opened in 1855, this small and unassuming chapel was known locally as ‘The Ivy Church’, and served until demolition in September 1907. It was Rev. Robert Hayes, Rector 1898-1926 who was responsible for building the present presbytery and church on the site, the church was opened by the Bishop of Elphin, 5 September 1908.
About this Transcript
The information which is contained in this download has been transcribed from the original registers, scans of which are included. Information has been indexed as written. The originals are held by the Lancashire Record Office at Preston.