MLFHS Online Shop
Oldham, Failsworth, St. Mary, Baptisms 1849-1908 (Download)Code:
A scanned copy of the original baptism registers 1849-1908 complete with a transcript of the 3,084 baptisms performed and an index to the 14,452 names of children, parents and godparents which appear in the register.
St Mary, Failsworth (1849-1908)
An important parish serving an area between Manchester and Oldham, founded in 1845. The original church was deemed unsafe in the 1950s due to coal mining subsidence and was forced to close in 1959. The Grand Cinema was acquired and converted into a replacement Mass Centre. In 1964 the present church was opened on Clive Road.
About this Transcript
The information which is contained in this download has been transcribed from the original registers, scans of which are included. Information has been indexed as written. The originals are held by the Lancashire Record Office at Preston.